How would you like to master the essentials of kettlebell lifting – and dramatically boost your strength, conditioning and fat loss goals?
Dynamic Sport Performance offers Kettlebells Fundamentals Workshops on Saturdays for both those who have never trained with kettlebells and those looking to hone in on their technique. The workshops are designed to teach the basics for kettlebell exercise techniques so that you can maximize your training and fitness goals.
Kettlebell workouts are great for gaining strength while getting a good cardio workout. You will have a blast! Learn how to master kettlebell swing variations, the Turkish Get Up, the front and goblet squats, Snatches, Clean and Press and our favorite– the Jerk. Once you’ve learned and feel comfortable with the basic movements, you will be ready for more advanced kettlebell lifting and classes at Dynamic Sport Performance.
Workshop 1 (9/12): The Kettlebell Swing
Workshop 2 (9/19): The Turkish Get Up
Workshop 3 (9/26): Squat Variations
Workshop 4 (10/3): Snatch
Workshop 5 (10/10): Clean & Press
Workshop 6 (10/17): Jerk
*Workshops are held year round on Saturdays.
Workshop 1: Mastering the Swing
The Swing is the foundation of effective Russian kettle bell training. It teaches the hip thrust, compressed breathing, rooting, “wedging”, and the summation of efforts skills essential in many kettle bell drills as well as military, martial arts, and athletic applications. The swing maximizes muscular endurance of the back and waist, factors critical to lower back pain prevention. The swing is a powerful lower body strength builder and the corner stone of effective conditioning.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Understand why mastery of the kettlebell swing is fundamental to high-level training
- How to develop power through compensatory acceleration and overspeed eccentrics
- How to train hip extension for back and knee health and athletic performance
- How to employ bracing and neutral spine—for injury prevention, enhanced performance and optimal transmission of force
- How to recruit the lat as a “core muscle” to improve the spine safety and glute strength
- How to increase power with the biomechanical breathing match
- A safe, effective modality for developing different types of endurance
- Explosive training techniques for more effective fat-loss
- The deadlift: the most “functional” exercise of all
- The two-arm swing and corrective exercises
- The concept of rooting and two key drills for developing it
- The one-arm swing
- The hand-to-hand swing
- Relaxation exercises to enhance the acquisition of skillful movement, increase power and endurance
The class will run for about a hour and a fifteen minutes. We’re going to start off with some of our favorite mobility and activation exercises. Next we will follow that up with a dynamic warm up geared towards exciting the nervous system. Each workshop will end with a tough 20 minute workout that will be a culmination of all the drills and exercises learned.
The class requires you to sign up. To all DSP folks the cost is included in your membership. All non DSP members can purchase a punch card for $350. Drop in rates are $40. Space is limited to 15 participants.