How to master the essentials of kettlebell lifting—and dramatically boost your power and effectiveness as a personal trainer or coach
Dragon Door’s one-day, entry-level kettlebell instructor certification workshop
Hardstyle Kettlebell Certification
Alexandria, VA, United States
December 14th, 2019
Hardstyle Kettlebell Certification™ (HKC™)
with Master RKC Darius Gilbert
As an incentive to help athletes and coaches build on and evolve their skill-sets, HKC certified graduates may deduct $200.00 from a registration for a future RKC certification workshop, within one year of achieving the HKC.
Attend the HKC and leave with these major advantages:
- A deep understanding of the true benefits of kettlebell training—for both yourself and your clients
- A solid knowledge of vital kettlebell training safety procedures
- A workmanlike grasp of the fundamentals of biomechanics—to ensure your clients move with perfect form and avoid injury
- A grasp of the key HardStyle skills and principles of strength
- The ability to competently perform the three foundational kettlebell exercises (the Swing, the Get-Up, and the Goblet Squat)
- The confidence you can now correctly teach the three essential kettlebell exercises—and troubleshoot common technique problems
- The unique HKC template for designing an unlimited number of effective kettlebell workouts.
- Get a $200 discount on your registration for an RKC certification workshop.
And discover all this and more in the course of your HKC training:
- Understand why mastery of the kettlebell swing is fundamental to high-level HardStyle practice
- How to develop power through compensatory acceleration and overspeed eccentrics
- How to train hip extension for back and knee health and athletic performance
- How to employ bracing and neutral spine—for injury prevention, enhanced performance and optimal transmission of force
- How to recruit the lat as a “core muscle” to improve the spine safety and glute strength
- How to increase power with the biomechanical breathing match
- A safe, effective modality for developing different types of endurance
- Explosive training techniques for more effective fat-loss
- The deadlift: the most “functional” exercise of all
- The two-arm swing and corrective exercises
- The concept of rooting and two key drills for developing it
- The one-arm swing
- The hand-to-hand swing
- Russian relaxation exercises to enhance the acquisition of skilful movement, increase power and endurance
- The two hundred year history of the get-up
- The get-up as an assessment tool
- The strength and health benefits of the get-up
- How to correctly perform the get-up and teach corrective drills
- How to move from mobility to stability, then from stability to strength—and why this progression is crucial for truly effective kettlebell work
- The get-up, shoulder mobility and stability exercises. The role of the lat in shoulder stability and strength—and advanced lat facilitation techniques
- How to employ and teach steering strength
- The concepts of leakage and linkage—and their importance for effective kettlebell lifting
- How to perform the goblet squat and corrective drills
- “Strength stretching” for the hips
- How to overcome gluteal amnesia
- How to most effectively stretch the hip flexors to dramatically improve athletic performance, back health, and posture
- How to modify the squat stance for a client with back problems
- An alternative squat exercise for overweight clients
- Why “sport specific training” is inappropriate for 99% of the coaches and athletes—and a powerful alternative
Take home an information packed HKC instructor manual:
- What makes kettlebell training unique?
- What Russian research says about the benefits of kettlebell training?
- What is “Hardstyle”?
- Kettlebell safety 101: ten key items
- The Swing: its benefits, technique, teaching progression, and remedial drills
- The Get-Up: its benefits, technique, teaching progression, and remedial drills
- The Goblet Squat: its benefits, technique, teaching progression, and remedial drills
- HKC program design
- The three key principles of effective training identified by Russian sports scientists: continuity of the training process, waving the loads, and specialized variety,
- Ten program design tools for an unlimited variety of effective kettlebell workouts:
- Rep Ladders
- Weight Ladders
- Time Ladders
- Breathing Ladders
- Reverse Ladders
- Drop Sets
- Super Sets
- Timed Sets
- Active Recovery Exercises
As with the RKC, the HKC will be earned through diligent testing of each candidate. Besides having to pass the requisite plank test at the outset of the workshop, each HKC candidate will be evaluated for technical proficiency and teaching skills at the end of the workshop and will then be granted either a pass or fail.
This course qualifies for .8 ACE CECs and .8 NASM CEUs
Note: The neck and back must be kept straight for the duration of the test. During the test your instructor may choose to cue you with minor adjustments or has the option to terminate the test. If you fail to maintain proper alignment or you drop to your knees, the test is considered a failure.
You must be able to demonstrate safe and effective technique as part of being an HKC instructor. Your course instructor will test you on the following exercises in the latter part of the course to ensure that you can perform what you have been taught during the course.
The swing is tested using two hands with an appropriate size kettlebell, for 10 reps or more at your instructors’ discretion.
The Get up will be tested on one side, using an appropriate size kettlebell. You will use both hands to roll and lift the kettlebell into the starting position as well as pulling it down to your chest at the finish. It is performed using the low sweep.
The goblet squat will be tested holding one kettlebell by the horns in front of your chest, you will be asked to perform 5 reps or more at your instructors’ discretion
|This workshop limited to 20 participants.Workshop price does not include room & board or meals.
A map for the location and a list of convenient hotels/motels will be provided to all registrants.
Workshop Site Cancellation
Workshop sites may be cancelled up to 7 days prior to the beginning of the scheduled workshop session for any reason. When a workshop is cancelled or postponed, candidates will be notified immediately and will receive a complete refund of all workshop fees or be allowed to transfer at no penalty to the new dates or another course of their choosing without penalty.
Refunds for credit card transactions processed online will be refunded back to the credit card within 2 weeks after the cancellation. If workshop registration was not completed online or the refund cannot be processed online, a refund check will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks after the cancellation.
If cancellation is required, Dragon Door is not responsible for any expenses (travel or lodging) incurred beyond the registration fees. For your protection, we recommend against making non-refundable travel plans.
Note: We will be providing you with kettlebells to practice with at the training, but these kettlebells are not included in the price of the certification.