Prague School To Athletic Development Part C with Dr. Craig Liebenson
Dynamic Sport Performance Alexandria, VA
September 8th – 10th
In this very practical course functional assessment and training is the key! Craig Liebenson is teaching his extensive knowledge with a lot of passion. He’s using techniques and ideas from great names of our profession like: Janda, Lewit, Cook, McGill, Boyle, Vojta and Moseley. The result is a very nice eclectic and comprehensive program that can be implemented perfectly in your daily clinic.
THE PS2AD SERIES IS AN IDEAL PREP FOR CHANGING ONE’S PARADIGM FROM:
- Symptom-based to a focus on the Source of pain in the kinetic chain
- Passive to Active (self-care oriented)
- Doctor-Centered to Patient/Athlete-Centered
- Output-based to outcome-based
- Hardware (structural) to software (functional)
Part C – Lewit’s Mobilization & Rehabilitation of the Locomotor System: A Joint by Joint Approach
- Joint by joint approach starting from the ground up (from MTPs to TMJ)
- The role of joint dysfunction in faulty movement patterns
- Synergist substitution & relative tightness: are tight traps a key link or trap?
- Irradiation & potentiation: prioritizing movement preps for efficiency
- Acc. to Gray Cook does a stiff area on passive & active testing always require mobilization?
- How manual therapists & trainers can work together in athlete-centered management
- Post-isometric relaxation methods for inhibition of tight muscles & joint mobilization
- Traction, springing & joint oscillations
- Fascial release according to Lewit
- Exteroceptive therapy
- Scars as sabateurs
- The fibular head & tight hamstrings
- The painful coccyx post-partem pain
- The pelvic floor & sacrotuberous ligament
- Psoas & QL in trunk rotation dysfunction
- Respiratory & visual synkinesis
- Ideal manipulative therapy methods for acute care or the elderly
- Distinguishing neuromuscular from connective tissue sources of hypertonus
- Dizzyness & post-concussion syndrome
- TMJ, speech & eye movements
- Manual traction procedures for hip, lumbar spine, shoulder & cervical spine
- Forward drawn posture – lumbo-dorsal fascia, fibular head & gluteal inhibition
- Integrating Manipulation & Exercise
Friday – 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday – 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Register on-line or call (703) 209-8696 for credit card orders.
Mail check to Dynamic Sport Performance, 113 S. Columbus St.,
Alexandria, VA 22314
$200.00 fee for cancellations or transfers, no exceptions.
No refunds on cancellations after September 1st, 2017
• Register and pay by March 31st, 2017, fee is only $495
• Register and pay by August 1st, 2017, fee is $595
This seminar limited to 50 participants.
Workshop price does not include room & board or meals.
A map for the location and a list of convenient hotels/motels will be provided to all registrants.